Learn to Meditate Day 4 – Experience Love
How has your meditation been going? Please let me know how things are going by replying to this email. I’d love to hear about your experiences, and I’d be honored to help you with any challenges.
In today’s practice, we’re going to draw upon the power of love to help guide our meditation.
- Find a quiet place, get comfortable and close your eyes.
- Focus your attention on the center of your chest and inside your body. This is the space of your heart, not your physical heart, but your energetic heart. Trust me, it’s there.
- As practice your deep breathing, breathe in deeply, but imagine that also coming into the body with your breath is a feeling of love. Allow this love to come in with the breath and into your heart, in the center of your chest.
- Exhale and allow this love to stream out of your body and back to its source (however you’d like to think about that or imagine that is fine).
- With each inhalation and exhalation, continue to breathe deeply, and bring this feeling of love into the center of your chest. It may help to imagine the heart space as the flame of a candle, and with each breath, the light from that candle is getting stronger.
- Allow yourself to experience as much love as you can muster. If you have trouble with this, imagine someone or something that you love very much to help give you the feeling of love.
- Rest in this feeling of love for as long as you’d like and as long as you can sustain it.
Listen to the guided audio:
Deepen your practice
Carry this practice into your day by sustaining the feeling of love after your meditation. See how long you can get the feeling to last inside you before you lose focus on it and begin thinking about something else. If you get a chance, during your day, close your eyes and reconnect with that feeling of love. Each time you do this, your ability to do it will strengthen, to the point where all you have to do is think about it and you’ll be experiencing a deep sense of love within you.