April 2, 2008 · Print This Article
1. Lie down on your bed or on the floor. Get as comfortable as you’d like to be without falling asleep (of course, it’s okay if you do).
2. Place your hands on your sides with your fingers over your stomach close to your navel.
3. Breathe into your belly. Feel the front and sides of your stomach actually rising as you breathe in.
4. Breathe out completely. Exhale all the air from your lungs, as much as you possibly can.
5. Continue breathing in deep and exhaling long for as long as you’d like. I recommend 1-2 minutes to start and gradually build up to 5 minutes of deep breathing.